Orsa Novus Aevum : Dawn of the New Age
We have a new forum! Go to http://www.orsanovusaevum.com/ and register!
We have a new forum! Go to http://www.orsanovusaevum.com/ and register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Warfare Is Based On Deception - Sun Tzu

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cannon Science!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Cannon Science! Empty
PostSubject: Cannon Science!   Cannon Science! EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 3:39 am

Ok's so I have found out so far only a few things really, but more to come:
Water's= how many flow from the source, Doesnt count the source!!

East
1 waters travels 0? maybe a half space from the end of the cannon and it blows itself up. facing east "least powerful direction"
2 waters travels 15 spaces from the end of the cannon. facing east. (5 dynamite)
3 waters travels 30 spaces from the end of the cannon. facing east. (7 dynamite)

West
1 waters travels 6 spaces from the end of the cannon. facing west. (3 dynamite)
2 waters travels from 30 to 50 spaces from the end of the cannon. facing west. (5 dynamite)***

*** for some reason this travels different distances based on when you trip the last dynamite or perhaps if you leave the switch on or immediately turn it of once tripped.

to explain better the projectile travels _ spaces. Im doing east right now and building the cannons with the extra stuff above them or watever. I built mine out of obsidian but Im thinking now you dont have to because of the water. o well Smile hopes u like my science so far!
Me finks I sees a pattern!!! also I think this is pretty valuable info for attacks Very Happy

Last edited by Chickslykewyrms on Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Cannon Science! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Science!   Cannon Science! EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 4:26 am

email me if you want my pretty cool map with a dungeon just north of the 2 towers used to base the height of the longest possible cannon (7 waters or watever Smile)
evan.alexander.m@gmail.com
Back to top Go down

Cannon Science! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Science!   Cannon Science! EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 10:13 am

This is somewhat useful! These radia of distances (plural form of 'radius', right?) could be used to calculate the exact amount of TNT one needs to blow something X cubes away up.

Keep going!
Back to top Go down

Cannon Science! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Science!   Cannon Science! EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 4:59 pm

ThaB00MZ0R wrote:
This is somewhat useful! These radia of distances (plural form of 'radius', right?) could be used to calculate the exact amount of TNT one needs to blow something X cubes away up.
Keep going!
I was sorta thinkin it could be used to see how someone could attack the enemy base like o lets attack that base. theyre 100 squares away so lets use an east facing cannon with 5 blocks. unfortunately I can hardly judge anything past 30 meters because it disappears out of sight.
Back to top Go down
WagglyFurball
Second Lieutenant
WagglyFurball

Cannon Science! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Science!   Cannon Science! EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 5:22 pm

ThaB00MZ0R wrote:
! These radia of distances (plural form of 'radius', right?)

If only it was 3rd declension neuter...But it would be radii with a long second i . Smile

Back to top Go down

Cannon Science! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Science!   Cannon Science! EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 6:08 pm

I always hated redstone and now Im an aficionado of cannons. who woulda guessed?
I've even found out and invented my own way of improving the cannon so that it boosts it like its always facing east!!!. I even made a Southern facing boosted cannon! so exciting!
Back to top Go down
Valerius Maximus
Glorious Leader
Valerius Maximus

Cannon Science! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Science!   Cannon Science! EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 10:50 pm

Try making a diagonally shooting cannon, figuring out a way to shoot targets very far away.
Back to top Go down
http://www.artofwar.darkbb.com
obolisk0430
Second Lieutenant
obolisk0430

Cannon Science! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Science!   Cannon Science! EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 12:29 am

Valerius Maximus wrote:
Try making a diagonally shooting cannon, figuring out a way to shoot targets very far away.

Hell yes
Back to top Go down

Cannon Science! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Science!   Cannon Science! EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 3:28 am

obolisk0430 wrote:
Valerius Maximus wrote:

Hell yes

Also, a diagonal cannon would have more power, as TNT would be added to both sides. OR, compacter cannons! Hmmm...
Back to top Go down

Cannon Science! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Science!   Cannon Science! EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 4:33 pm

lol I already made an awesome diagonal shooter yesterday. but its hard to make 45% shooters mine I invented shoots like 35%
also I call my upgrade to the other guys canon the "supercharger"
and now I just checked up on my other diagonal shooter it is awesome. facing east it can fire 6 blocks of dynamite in a V formation around 30?ish blocks its crazy awesome! but other directions need more than that. I call it the ONA cannon. Mk 1 of course.
Back to top Go down

Cannon Science! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Science!   Cannon Science! EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 1:04 am

Noone cares about evan science -.-
Back to top Go down
obolisk0430
Second Lieutenant
obolisk0430

Cannon Science! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Science!   Cannon Science! EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 11:44 pm

Pics of diagonal cannon plz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cannon Science! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Science!   Cannon Science! Empty

Back to top Go down

Cannon Science!
Page 1 of 1