Orsa Novus Aevum : Dawn of the New Age
We have a new forum! Go to http://www.orsanovusaevum.com/ and register!
We have a new forum! Go to http://www.orsanovusaevum.com/ and register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Warfare Is Based On Deception - Sun Tzu

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lock Down System

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Lock Down System Empty
PostSubject: Lock Down System   Lock Down System EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 12:35 am

Hey guys Its Robin and I'm working on a lock down system that the clan could use for long hallways. Basically when someone pressed a button sand falls in the path of the walkway. Yes, sand is a bit weak but when they dig through the sand lava falls on them Very Happy. I'm going to record a video of the machine so you guys can get a better idea! I will post it up when I have finished Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shaed
Captain
Shaed

Lock Down System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock Down System   Lock Down System EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 1:54 am

i actually like this... a obsidian hall way to the "vault with a failsafe switch connected to tnt all around the room would be a superb defense
Back to top Go down
CrazyLemon64
Captain
CrazyLemon64

Lock Down System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock Down System   Lock Down System EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 2:22 am

I've been thinking of something similar, but with regenerating cobble walls instead of sand, though I've been having a little trouble with it. This might want to go into "tactics and strategy", as this isn't really an experiment. That, or PM it to VM. Well, it might be an invention, but this seems to be a militiary one. Inventions for peacetime applications would go here, methinks.
Back to top Go down
Shaed
Captain
Shaed

Lock Down System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock Down System   Lock Down System EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 3:33 am

It could go either ways? but i getcha
Back to top Go down

Lock Down System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock Down System   Lock Down System EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 5:02 am

I've already experimented with the regenerating cobble wall, it takes too long to set up quickly and just pouring lava and water next to each other doesn't do the trick so I switched to this. Very Happy This is effective because u can put multiple locks in a hallway and they get stuck in the dark and when they try to dig they burn Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Etherimp
General of Asskickery
Etherimp

Lock Down System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock Down System   Lock Down System EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 6:28 am

(inside cobble wall) (Lava source blocks) (outside cobble wall) (water)

That's how regen walls work.
Back to top Go down
Shaed
Captain
Shaed

Lock Down System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock Down System   Lock Down System EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 7:43 pm

I <3 auto regen walls
Back to top Go down
CrazyLemon64
Captain
CrazyLemon64

Lock Down System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock Down System   Lock Down System EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:07 am

I know how to make an auto regen wall. What I want to do here is block off a hall with one at the push of a button. Actually, I think I have a plan for this. Will make it once I recover from a recent fall. >.< (nothing too serious, but I can't really play MC with my hurt hand.)
Back to top Go down

Lock Down System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock Down System   Lock Down System EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:43 am

Yes I know how auto regen walls work but u need so much lava source blocks.
Back to top Go down
CrazyLemon64
Captain
CrazyLemon64

Lock Down System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock Down System   Lock Down System EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 2:50 am

Actually, this one will be tiny, and take only a few sources. Maybe 5 or so. Source blocks are not rare, just ask your local cave. My design shall be bucket activated, and will function quickly and effectively. Uses reeds, water, redstone, a button, and magma. Not very rare, and none are too valuable to worry about. Will seal off a 2*1 corridor in a few seconds. I think I shall try to make it on ether's server to show a proof of concept.
Back to top Go down

Lock Down System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock Down System   Lock Down System EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 2:02 am

Crazy Lemon I hope I could work with you on Etherimp's server once I can get on. I will build mine and you will build yours and we might be able to make a nice compromise between the two and make a better lock down system Very Happy

My lock down system requires:
10 sand
redstone
2 water blocks
1 switch lever pressure plate which everyone you want
2 lava blocks
and torches
I will have to show you for you to see how it works exactly Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Lock Down System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock Down System   Lock Down System EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 11:54 am

Guest wrote:
Crazy Lemon I hope I could work with you on Etherimp's server once I can get on. I will build mine and you will build yours and we might be able to make a nice compromise between the two and make a better lock down system Very Happy

My lock down system requires:
10 sand
redstone
2 water blocks
1 switch lever pressure plate which everyone you want
2 lava blocks
and torches
I will have to show you for you to see how it works exactly Very Happy

This is my advice for everything, but make the walls out of furnaces. Furnaces make everything better.
Back to top Go down
obolisk0430
Second Lieutenant
obolisk0430

Lock Down System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock Down System   Lock Down System EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 7:30 pm

actually, if we could make an auto regen wall that only starts working when we push a button, we could link all of our bases together, and then lock off comprimised ones (assuming the clan is so big/timezone divergiant that we can have people on at all times)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lock Down System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock Down System   Lock Down System Empty

Back to top Go down

Lock Down System
Page 1 of 1