Orsa Novus Aevum : Dawn of the New Age
We have a new forum! Go to http://www.orsanovusaevum.com/ and register!
We have a new forum! Go to http://www.orsanovusaevum.com/ and register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Warfare Is Based On Deception - Sun Tzu

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Scientific Names

Go down 
+9
Ellicott
nomadluap
Stonards
Hans Lemurson
WagglyFurball
ThePixie35
Valerius Maximus
obolisk0430
Spehss Mahreen
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Scientific  Names - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scientific Names   Scientific  Names - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:14 pm

Hans Lemurson wrote:
st3pur308 wrote:
I think i should take control of this latin stuff, i have been playing some Assassins Creed Brotherhood lately... oh how educational killing borgia guards is!
PLEASE tell me you're joking and don't actually think that playing a video game set in rennaisance Italy gives you an adequate understanding of classical Latin grammar. It's kinda hard to tell sometimes.
I am dead serious. I also figured out that it is Ro-ma not Rome!
Back to top Go down
WagglyFurball
Second Lieutenant
WagglyFurball

PostSubject: Re: Scientific Names   Scientific  Names - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:44 pm

Yeah, in Latin EVERY syllable is pronounced and all letters are hard, with the exception on elision in poetry. But I'm curious to know how well a game like that could teach anyone Latin.
Back to top Go down
Spehss Mahreen
Captain
Spehss Mahreen

PostSubject: Re: Scientific Names   Scientific  Names - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 7:02 pm

Stepur, you do not know latin. You do not learn a whole language from a game.
If you can translate that perfectly into latin, and this too, then I may consider it. Otherwise, you are what is referred to as 'stupid'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scientific Names   Scientific  Names - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 7:21 pm

Spehss Mahreen wrote:
If you can translate that perfectly into latin, and this too, then I may consider it. Otherwise, you are what is referred to as 'stupid'.
Ezio says otherwise...
Back to top Go down
Spehss Mahreen
Captain
Spehss Mahreen

PostSubject: Re: Scientific Names   Scientific  Names - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 1:29 am

st3pur308 wrote:
Spehss Mahreen wrote:
Ezio says otherwise...
Does Ezio exist in real life right now?
Is he a mortal being, or is he what I think he is, and merely a character in a game?
If he is the latter, you should know that not everything a game says is true.
Back to top Go down
Jalygtra
Major
Jalygtra

PostSubject: Re: Scientific Names   Scientific  Names - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 3:51 am

Hans-Lemurson, JSK and whoever else may believe st3pur308; hes trolling you, and by believing him, you stand out dumber than he would, if he actually believed that he could learn Latin from a video game.
St3pur308, if you, however believe that assasins creed has taught you latin i advise you to seek medical help, because you, if so, have what we today, by modern words (not gaming latin) call downs.
Gaming can not, and will by no means teach you anything about any language (nor can watching anime teach you japanese, so stop that shit, NOW!)
If you think that when the guards in assasins creed go "The infidel must die, he is muy muy evil, we est bin du has din burito" it will translate into latin at all, then you are very mistaken.
You may be thinking "But video game companies spend so much cash on the games they make; there´s no way they could make spelling mistakes, even when it comes to latin"
But this is where you are wrong! Even game companies suffer from this retarded disease; making them viable for a mental hospital due to the fact that they don´t just spend cash on someone who knows latin and instead go on google translate because they know that no one will notice because almost 99% of the people who play games are 13 year olds who have downs

TL;DR
If you keep up this shit; trolling or not, you are a 13 year old kid with ADHD and downs.
Back to top Go down
obolisk0430
Second Lieutenant
obolisk0430

PostSubject: Re: Scientific Names   Scientific  Names - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 12:26 pm

He is also confusing latin with italian. Latin only gets spoken in a few seens dealing with church related stuff.
Back to top Go down
Oculus in Tenebris
First Lieutenant
Oculus in Tenebris

PostSubject: Re: Scientific Names   Scientific  Names - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2011 8:20 pm

st3pur308 wrote:
Hans Lemurson wrote:
st3pur308 wrote:
I think i should take control of this latin stuff, i have been playing some Assassins Creed Brotherhood lately... oh how educational killing borgia guards is!
PLEASE tell me you're joking and don't actually think that playing a video game set in rennaisance Italy gives you an adequate understanding of classical Latin grammar. It's kinda hard to tell sometimes.
I am dead serious. I also figured out that it is Ro-ma not Rome!

Yeah, just as Black Ops taught me how to be Kennedy! Neutral
Back to top Go down
5n
First Lieutenant
5n

PostSubject: Re: Scientific Names   Scientific  Names - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:39 pm

st3pur308 wrote:
Spehss Mahreen wrote:
Ezio says otherwise...

trololololololololoololololololo
Back to top Go down
Spehss Mahreen
Captain
Spehss Mahreen

PostSubject: Re: Scientific Names   Scientific  Names - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2011 11:35 pm

Jalygtra wrote:
Hans-Lemurson, JSK and whoever else may believe st3pur308; hes trolling you, and by believing him, you stand out dumber than he would, if he actually believed that he could learn Latin from a video game.
St3pur308, if you, however believe that assasins creed has taught you latin i advise you to seek medical help, because you, if so, have what we today, by modern words (not gaming latin) call downs.
Gaming can not, and will by no means teach you anything about any language (nor can watching anime teach you japanese, so stop that shit, NOW!)
If you think that when the guards in assasins creed go "The infidel must die, he is muy muy evil, we est bin du has din burito" it will translate into latin at all, then you are very mistaken.
You may be thinking "But video game companies spend so much cash on the games they make; there´s no way they could make spelling mistakes, even when it comes to latin"
But this is where you are wrong! Even game companies suffer from this retarded disease; making them viable for a mental hospital due to the fact that they don´t just spend cash on someone who knows latin and instead go on google translate because they know that no one will notice because almost 99% of the people who play games are 13 year olds who have downs

TL;DR
If you keep up this shit; trolling or not, you are a 13 year old kid with ADHD and downs.
But it's fun to feed the troll.
Unless he isn't a troll.
And if he isn't, what you say really is true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scientific Names   Scientific  Names - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 12:31 am

Okay guys lets use german now for scientific names! I have been playing some battlefield 1942!
Back to top Go down
nomadluap
Major
nomadluap

PostSubject: Re: Scientific Names   Scientific  Names - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 12:36 am

st3pur308 wrote:
Okay guys lets use german now for scientific names! I have been playing some battlefield 1942!

Do it!

"This is my TNTenwerfer, it werfs TNT. "
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scientific Names   Scientific  Names - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 12:47 am

ok
allmachtig furher= st3pur308

der Sklave=anyone not a part of ONA
Back to top Go down
Pestilence
Second Lieutenant
Pestilence

PostSubject: Re: Scientific Names   Scientific  Names - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 1:50 am

Hans Lemurson wrote:
Aevitatis Novi Ortus

I think that would be a decently correct translation of "Dawn of a New Age". This could have serious implications.

Hehe. That's just ONÆ backwards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scientific Names   Scientific  Names - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Scientific Names
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Orsa Novus Aevum : Dawn of the New Age :: Minecraft Scientific Foundation [Public] :: General Chat-
Jump to: