Orsa Novus Aevum : Dawn of the New Age
We have a new forum! Go to http://www.orsanovusaevum.com/ and register!
We have a new forum! Go to http://www.orsanovusaevum.com/ and register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Warfare Is Based On Deception - Sun Tzu

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cannon Research

Go down 
+8
Valerius Maximus
Spehss Mahreen
General_kozi
iGlitched
obolisk0430
Pancakelover
iBuX
Oculus in Tenebris
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Oculus in Tenebris
First Lieutenant
Oculus in Tenebris

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: Cannon Research   Cannon Research EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 4:25 pm

Hello everyone, Im Cold Fusion.

I have devoted every hour of my minecraft time to developing cannon technology for our clan. I am writing an extensive report that will go into detail about four seperate cannons I have been developing. I hope to get it onto the forum here to benefit our war machine as soon as possible.

ETA: Minimum today, maximum tomorrow.

Thanks for everything guys,

Cold Fusion
Back to top Go down
Oculus in Tenebris
First Lieutenant
Oculus in Tenebris

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Research   Cannon Research EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 5:09 pm

Cannon Research First10

Hello Everyone,

My name is Cold Fusion. If you don’t know me, I’m pretty new.
I have been delving into cannon development. And despite a lack of knowledge about TNT and Redstone, I have been making significant headway. I am here to showcase several of my latest and most successful cannon designs.

I am a natural saboteur, clandestine operator and spy, but I greatly enjoy experimenting (Especially with explosive stuff Razz). So I decided to combine the latter and the former, and designed the Camouflage Cannon.

Cannon Research 210

This variant is made of sand. The cannon is almost invisible from range, so the enemies do not know what is firing until it has hit them, which hands them big disadvantage.

The cannon is made from whatever available. If situated in a sandy biome, you can quickly and rather easily gather sand to build it. It can be combined with cacti and flowers, cannons built in the woods can have a tree grown on them to obscure it and defend it, ice and snow can be placed around one, anything that makes it as ample to blend in as possible.

This cannon is more of a method of building than a real cannon. If we start applying these techniques to our cannons, we will be the first to fire every time.

Cannon Research 310
Can you even see it? If you look closely, its on the right.

THE FAMILY OF CANNONS
Another design I have been working on is a safe, TNT-efficient cannon to replace normal cannons. It is designed to be impossible to blow up and to use as little TNT as possible. It shoots just as far and uses only 4-6 TNT.

The basic version is impossible to blow up, operates easily, is easy to build, can be camouflaged and uses 2 less TNT than the average cannon. It shoots just as far, even better west (of course).

Cannon Research 410
Basic Version

This is the double cannon. Exact replica of the Simple Cannon, but built for firing two projectiles. It uses only 6 TNT, with is extremely efficient, and packs quite a punch, shooting just as far as any normal cannon. The variant seen here is fitted with a “Barrel”, to make it shoot forward.

Cannon Research 510
Double Version

This is the biggest and baddest. It is completely loaded and fired from the inside, shots medium range and is a fear factor on the battlefield. Using only 4-7 TNT to fire, it is slightly hard to get the hang of, high maintenance and no real use.
It really is more of a fear weapon than an actual weapon, more for fun than fight. If research begins into this cannon, we could develop a practical version, which will blow every other cannon away, literally!

Cannon Research 1110
Cannon Research 2210

I request you look into and test these for use in our armies, for they would cut cost, improve firepower and bring a whole new level of dominance to the battlefield.

This is Cold Fusion,
Signing off.
Back to top Go down
iBuX
International Man of Mystery
iBuX

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Research   Cannon Research EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 5:55 pm

You could've waited till it was day Basketball
Back to top Go down
Oculus in Tenebris
First Lieutenant
Oculus in Tenebris

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Research   Cannon Research EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 6:06 pm

iBuX wrote:
You could've waited till it was day Basketball

Sorry Sad I am going to try to put the save file up for download later if you want to check then.
Back to top Go down
Pancakelover
Major
Pancakelover

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Research   Cannon Research EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 7:54 pm

Camo Cannons are pretty smart. I actually had to squint my eyes to find that Sand cannon. If you didn't have that wall there, I wouldn't of found it without that hint Razz

This is some good stuff. Continue with your research! oh, and have you ever tried using flatlands? It might be a bit more useful if you don't mind hacking items in.
Back to top Go down
obolisk0430
Second Lieutenant
obolisk0430

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Research   Cannon Research EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 8:14 pm

Cold Fusion wrote:

*snip*
Double Version

This is the biggest and baddest. It is completely loaded and fired from the inside, shots medium range and is a fear factor on the battlefield. Using only 4-7 TNT to fire, it is slightly hard to get the hang of, high maintenance and no real use.
It really is more of a fear weapon than an actual weapon, more for fun than fight. If research begins into this cannon, we could develop a practical version, which will blow every other cannon away, literally!
*snip*

Why only 4-7. I believe I have also built this type of cannon before, and I max out on propelant
Back to top Go down
Oculus in Tenebris
First Lieutenant
Oculus in Tenebris

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Research   Cannon Research EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 8:25 pm

obolisk0430 wrote:
Cold Fusion wrote:

*snip*
Double Version

*snip*

Why only 4-7. I believe I have also built this type of cannon before, and I max out on propelant

Two reasons:

A: The more TNT present, the bigger chance of something going wrong and it blowing up in your face.

B: In a real war scenario, TNT is a precious commodity. The smaller amount we use to propel, the more we can fire.
Back to top Go down
obolisk0430
Second Lieutenant
obolisk0430

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Research   Cannon Research EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 8:29 pm

Cold Fusion wrote:
obolisk0430 wrote:
Cold Fusion wrote:

*snip*
Double Version

*snip*

Two reasons:

A: The more TNT present, the bigger chance of something going wrong and it blowing up in your face.

B: In a real war scenario, TNT is a precious commodity. The smaller amount we use to propel, the more we can fire.

A: That is why you make sure all the redstone is set up correctly before fireing. Your logic severely limits the range of any cannon.

B: Tnt is made of gunpowder, which you get from creepers, and sand, which is freaking everywhere. So, if you have a mob tower and several guys with shovels at a beach, you have tons of TNT. There was a time on PAOW when we had so much TNT, we used it to set a trap for a random guy who logged out before we could kill him.
Back to top Go down
Oculus in Tenebris
First Lieutenant
Oculus in Tenebris

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Research   Cannon Research EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 8:33 pm

Im just being realistic. Yes, correct redstone wiring does keep bad things from happening. But if facing west, you can use less TNT to do the same job. As I said, the less propellant, the more we can fire.
Back to top Go down
obolisk0430
Second Lieutenant
obolisk0430

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Research   Cannon Research EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 8:37 pm

Cold Fusion wrote:
Im just being realistic. Yes, correct redstone wiring does keep bad things from happening. But if facing west, you can use less TNT to do the same job. As I said, the less propellant, the more we can fire.

Facing west does not add such a big multiplier onto distance that you can get away with that little TNT. Also, you should never assume that you will always be shooting west. More propellant = greater range = safer op.
Back to top Go down
Oculus in Tenebris
First Lieutenant
Oculus in Tenebris

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Research   Cannon Research EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 8:39 pm

obolisk0430 wrote:
Cold Fusion wrote:

Facing west does not add such a big multiplier onto distance that you can get away with that little TNT. Also, you should never assume that you will always be shooting west. More propellant = greater range = safer op.

Thank you for your criticism. I will try to add more TNT to my mixture. I'll get back to you when I have some results. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
iGlitched
Private
iGlitched

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: on minecraft forums   Cannon Research EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 10:50 am

chebuoi/chebuoisan has a design where he ignights a TNT in back before the rest so all of the others go to the front of the cannon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CIGzXrP5-I&feature=channel_video_title

I have had mixed results with it.

Have you experimented with "The Hyperion" yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DV-y37R1YA&feature=player_profilepage

It is a multi-directional cannon that one could set up a fort in.

He/she also implemented the minecart/minetrack method that can be used for wall hopping
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBX_x7vSyoQ&feature=player_profilepage
Back to top Go down

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Research   Cannon Research EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 4:07 pm

I would wish to help with the cannon research but, alas, INVedit is too advanced of technology for me. I cannot find my world saved inventory to edit! P.S. I have a windows 7
Back to top Go down
General_kozi
Second Lieutenant
General_kozi

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Research   Cannon Research EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 3:04 am

st3pur308 wrote:
I would wish to help with the cannon research but, alas, INVedit is too advanced of technology for me. I cannot find my world saved inventory to edit! P.S. I have a windows 7

instead of clicking the open button click the arrow next to it. This should come up with a list of all your worlds in INVedit.

I think they are in: C:\Users\"USER"\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\saves
where "USER" is your username. This is in Vista but I think they are in the same location.
Back to top Go down
iGlitched
Private
iGlitched

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Research   Cannon Research EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 9:08 am

Invedit is old and outdated. The Toomanyitems mod works flawlessly for me and has been since alpha. It lets you mod your invintory in-game.
It is so easy.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=152174

Minecraft forums appear down ATM but you can use google's cashe

www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php%3Ft%3D152174+%22toomanyitems%22&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:h4X_TpZzDAoJ:www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php%3Ft%3D152174+%22toomanyitems%22&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com
Back to top Go down
Spehss Mahreen
Captain
Spehss Mahreen

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Research   Cannon Research EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 9:24 am

obolisk0430 wrote:
Cold Fusion wrote:
obolisk0430 wrote:

Two reasons:

A: That is why you make sure all the redstone is set up correctly before fireing. Your logic severely limits the range of any cannon.

B: Tnt is made of gunpowder, which you get from creepers, and sand, which is freaking everywhere. So, if you have a mob tower and several guys with shovels at a beach, you have tons of TNT. There was a time on PAOW when we had so much TNT, we used it to set a trap for a random guy who logged out before we could kill him.
Everybody makes mistakes, Obo.
Anything could happen. Even the best cannon may occasionally misfire, and if it does, and its loaded with a shitton of tnt, you with have sufficient space to BUILD a mob tower.
Also, mob towers still need to be set up.
Back to top Go down
iBuX
iBuX

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Research   Cannon Research EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 11:49 am

Didn't we sit with like 4k TNT or something...?
Back to top Go down

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Research   Cannon Research EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 5:06 pm

You should start on building TNT cannon that shoots straight up effectively in the case that we stumble upon a sky fortress

Last edited by st3pur308 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispelled)
Back to top Go down
Oculus in Tenebris
First Lieutenant
Oculus in Tenebris

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Research   Cannon Research EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 5:13 pm

st3pur308 wrote:
You should start on building TNT cannon that shoots straight up effectively in the case that we stumble upon a sky fortress

I already have an excellent design that works perfectly. No worry Smile

It is very simple, really. Simply put a 4 or 5 block tall wall directly in front of the Cannon. If there is enough propellent, (a simple 6 TNT will work), the force wont fire the TNT forward like normal, but be redirected up. It can be attached to any cannon you want, no matter the size.
Back to top Go down
obolisk0430
Second Lieutenant
obolisk0430

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Research   Cannon Research EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 11:15 pm

Cold Fusion wrote:
st3pur308 wrote:

I already have an excellent design that works perfectly. No worry Smile

It is very simple, really. Simply put a 4 or 5 block tall wall directly in front of the Cannon. If there is enough propellent, (a simple 6 TNT will work), the force wont fire the TNT forward like normal, but be redirected up. It can be attached to any cannon you want, no matter the size.

Allready been done.
Back to top Go down

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Research   Cannon Research EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:03 am

This is a wild thought but here it goes...

Is there a way to use tnt cannons as legitimate form of travel. Say, you get shot out of a small cannon and launched towards another cannon to move faster. I realize this may be wvery expensive, but, it may be a form of quick escape.
Back to top Go down
General_kozi
Second Lieutenant
General_kozi

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Research   Cannon Research EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 8:11 am

I think that you don't take damage when you're launched while in a minecart. I'll test it when I get time.
Back to top Go down
iBuX
iBuX

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Research   Cannon Research EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 9:16 am

Last time I attempted to launch myself in a minecart - I died. pig
Back to top Go down
Valerius Maximus
Glorious Leader
Valerius Maximus

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Research   Cannon Research EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 12:25 pm

Minecart launches don't work anymore :/
Back to top Go down
http://www.artofwar.darkbb.com
Oculus in Tenebris
First Lieutenant
Oculus in Tenebris

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Research   Cannon Research EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 4:54 pm

Valerius Maximus wrote:
Minecart launches don't work anymore :/

Really? That sucks :'(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cannon Research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon Research   Cannon Research Empty

Back to top Go down

Cannon Research
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next